As employers, educators, students, parents, policymakers, professionals, and community members, we all have a role to play in advancing opportunities for women and girls.
1. GET INFORMED
- Read the research and articles we’ve provided in our Resources Archive.
- Specifically, read VT Works for Women’s Enough Said report and discuss it with folks in your circle.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter by clicking here.
- Attend relevant events happening across the state. You can keep up with them through VT Commission on Women’s Statewide Calendar.
2. BE CURIOUS:
- Observe your daily interactions through a gender lens.
- Listen to your own language when you’re engaging with others.
- Look at the gender breakout in positions of leadership (corporate boards, executive team, administration, etc.)
- If you’re a business, consider completing our exceptionally brief survey re: women in leadership at your organization.
3. ENCOURAGE THE WOMEN & GIRLS IN YOUR LIFE:
- Read through “15 Things You Can Do” for ideas on how to encourage and nurture young women.
- Become a Vermont Fab Fem by creating an online profile highlighting your career in science, technology, engineering, and/or math.
4. SPREAD THE WORD:
- Share our website and reports with colleagues and friends.
- If you are a member of the Chamber or Rotary, please offer us as a speaker.
- Organize a brown bag lunch at your workplace to discuss these issues (we would be happy to facilitate, if possible).
- Host a forum to further the discussion.
- Share our promo video via email and social media.