As employers, educators, students, parents, policymakers, professionals, and community members, we all have a role to play in advancing opportunities for women and girls.
1. GET INFORMED
2. BE CURIOUS:
- Observe your daily interactions through a gender lens.
- Listen to your own language when you’re engaging with others.
- Look at the gender breakout in positions of leadership (corporate boards, executive team, administration, etc.)
3. ENCOURAGE THE WOMEN & GIRLS IN YOUR LIFE:
- Read through “15 Things You Can Do” for ideas on how to encourage and nurture young women.
- Become a Vermont Fab Fem by creating an online profile highlighting your career in science, technology, engineering, and/or math.
4. SPREAD THE WORD:
- Share our website and reports with colleagues and friends.
- If you are a member of the Chamber or Rotary, please offer us as a speaker.
- Organize a brown bag lunch at your workplace to discuss these issues (we would be happy to facilitate, if possible).
- Host a forum to further the discussion.
- Share our promo video via email and social media.